Saturday, January 22, 2011

Goat Gotta Itch!


I took my Monday, vacation day, last week from school while it was also a rainy day and worked on a new print.  This is it.  "Goat Gotta Itch!" 
Several weeks ago I visited a friend that has about 15 goats in her back 40, and took some pictures.  This print was based on a photo I took of a goat using his horn to itch his leg.  I've seen this sort of action many times when visiting goats and thought it would be a good representation of what goats do?
For this print I decided to challenge myself and do another reduction print.  It has been about 2 years since I attempted a sunset over water reduction print, so this is only my second attempt.  I actually also used wood, so that was another added challenge.  All of my previous prints have been Linoleum.
This is a 3 color print, green, brown, and black.  4 colors if you count the white of the paper.  I started out with 15 copies and ended up with 8 that were halfway decent.  It is not easy to get the registration accurate with minimal equipment.  The size of this print is 4 1/2x 6 1/4".  Hope you enjoyed it.  And if you would like a real copy of it. Drop me a line!

1 comment:

  1. Very nice Doug! A word about registration: it just takes practice. You will get there, just hang in there!

    ReplyDelete