Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year to all my "Followers" and anyone else that may be dropping in! Last year at about this time I was making some resolutions of all the things I wanted to do in the coming year. I'll have to see if I can find that list:P Hold on...

Ok, I found them, lets see how I did?  These were for 2010.

I don't usually make resolutions, but I would like to try to list out a few that I'm sure I will soon forget about.

1. I would like to do at least 5 new prints this year, I would also like to try to do more reduction prints. Already got 1 done!!!
2. I would like to do at least 2 acrylic paintings this year. Possibly have it reproduced to sell prints.
3. I would like to join the local arts council and try to sell some of my work at their gallery. 
4. I would like to participate in at least 3 art/crafts shows this year.
5. I would like to enter at least one competition/show.
6. I would like to keep up with my blog and website!!! This one is hard for me.

OK, so as I mentioned I don't do resolutions.  Here's the results:


1. I did 3 prints all in black and white.
2. Didn't do any paintings that I can recall? Might have done one for my parents, but can't remember if that was this year or 2009?
3. Still haven't joined the arts council.
4. participated in No arts and crafts fairs.
5. Entered no competitions.
6. HUmmm, not very well at that one either!


While these were pretty lofty goals and I didn't get to reach most of them, I'm wondering if it really matters.  There were alot of good things that happened this year that I didn't plan for!! And I was blessed with anyway. One major things I was blessed with a new part-time job teaching Digital Photography Online!  So maybe making New Year's resolutions is just a good way to reflect on the past year.  If you can keep up with them:)  Maybe I'll post some new ones tomorrow, in 2011!


That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment