Sunday, January 3, 2010

Gas Wars and New Years Resolutions


This is a proof of the barn that I've been working on for a coworker.

Yes, you heard me, it seems that the town of Wallace, NC is in a bit of a gas war!!! And I like it. The new Murphy oil opened up at the Walmart in town and has had really cheap gas. 2.19 as of last evening. So, everyone else is matching their price. That has been good for everyone!!!! I hope that this continues for a while! Especially, since it is January and no pay check until the end of the month. The average for our area is 2.66 as reported on the news this evening.
In other news, I have been working on a commission over the holidays in bits and pieces. I'm hoping to have it done so that I can continue with my normal printmaking production.

My printmakers on Wetcanvas.com were discussing New Years resolutions today, so I thought I'd set some for myself. These are kind of lofty so we'll see how I do.

1. I would like to do at least 5 new prints this year, I would also like to try to do more reduction prints. Already got 1 done!!!
2. I would like to do at least 2 acrylic paintings this year. Possibly have it reproduced to sell prints.
3. I would like to join the local arts council and try to sell some of my work at their gallery.
4. I would like to participate in at least 3 art/crafts shows this year.
5. I would like to enter at least one competition/show.
6. I would like to keep up with my blog and website!!! This one is hard for me.

Keep checking back!

Well that's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment